As with all Cub Scout ranks, you must first earn the
Bobcat Badge to be eligible to work for this award.
Also, your Webelos Den Leader will now sign off your activities
or guardian does not sign off the activities as they did when you were a
- Have an adult member of your family read the Webelos Scout Parent
that comes with this book (pages 1-22) and sign here.
- Be an active member of your Webelos den for 3 months (Active
means having good attendance, paying den dues, working on den
- Know and explain the meaning of the Webelos badge.
- Point out the three special parts of the Webelos Scout uniform.
when to wear the uniform and when not to wear it.
- Earn the Fitness
activity badges and one other
badge from a different
- Plan and lead a flag ceremony in your den that includes the U.S.
- Show that you know and understand the requirements to be a Boy
- Demonstrate the Scout salute, Scout sign, and Scout handshake.
when you would use them.
- Explain the Scout
- Explain and agree to follow the
After completing the rest of requirement 8, do these (a, b, and c):
- Know: Tell what you have learned about
- Commit: Tell how these faith
help you live your duty to God. Name one faith practice that you will
continue to do in the future.
- Practice: After doing these
tell what you have learned about your beliefs.
And do one of these (d OR e):
- Earn the religious emblem of your faith*
- Do two of these:
- Attend the mosque, church, synagogue, temple, or other religious
organization of your choice, talk with your religious leader about
your beliefs. Tell your family and your Webelos den leader what
- Discuss with your family and Webelos den leader how your
beliefs fit in with the
Scout Oath and Scout
Law, and what character-building traits your religious beliefs
have in common with the
Scout Oath and Scout
- With your religious leader, discuss and make a plan to do two
things you think will help you draw nearer to God. Do these things
for a month.
- For at least a month, pray or meditate reverently each day as
taught by your family, and by your church, temple, mosque,
or religious group.
- Under the direction of your religious leader, do an act of
for someone else. Talk about your service with your family and
den leader. Tell them how it made you feel.
- List at least two ways you believe you have lived according
to your religious beliefs.
* If you earned your faith's religious emblem earlier in Cub
and your faith does not have a Webelos religious emblem, you must
Completion of requirement 8e does not qualify a youth to receive
religious emblem of his faith.
Webelos Emblems are listed on pages 68-69.
A list of the various religious emblems,
and the levels
in which they can be earned is also listed on this site.
here to see it.)
After you've earned the Webelos badge, you can earn the compass
It is awarded after you earn seven activity
four more in addition to the three you earned for the Webelos badge.
compass points emblem attached to the button on the right pocket of the
After you earn the compass points emblem, you'll receive a metal
compass point for each four additional activity
you earn. Pin these compass points on the emblem in the "E," "W," or
in any order you choose.
You can earn the emblem and all three compass points by completing
badges, including the three required for the Webelos Badge.