Cub Scout Bobcat Rank
The first rank that EVERY boy MUST earn when entering the Cub
is the Bobcat rank.
To earn the Bobcat rank the new Cub Scout must do the following:
- Learn and say the CUB SCOUT PROMISE and complete
Honesty Character Connection.
- Know: Discuss these questions with your
family. What is a promise? What does it mean to "keep your word?"
does honesty mean? What does it mean to "do your best?"
- Commit: Discuss these questions with
family. Why is a promise important? Why is it important for people to
trust you when you give your word? When might it be difficult to keep
your word? List examples.
- Practice: Discuss with family members
why it is important to be trustworthy and honest and how can you do
your best to be honest when you are doing the activities in Cub
"I .....(name).... promise to do my best
To do my duty to God and my country,
To help other people, and
To obey the Law of the Pack. "
- Say the LAW OF THE PACK. Tell what it means.
"The Cub Scout follows Akela.
The Cub Scout helps the pack go.
The pack helps the Cub Scout Grow.
The Cub Scout gives goodwill."
- Tell what WEBELOS means
"WE'll BE LOyal
- Show the CUB SCOUT SIGN. Tell what it means.
[Webelos: Make the CUB SCOUT SIGN. Tell what
- Show the CUB SCOUT HANDSHAKE. Tell what it means.
- Say the CUB SCOUT MOTTO. A motto is a guiding principle.
"Do Your Best"
- Give the CUB SCOUT SALUTE. Tell what it means.
- With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the
How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse.
[Tiger Cub: With your adult partner, complete "A
Requirement" in front of the Contents pages of this handbook.]
[Webelos: With your parent or guardian, complete
Bobcat Requirements section of "How to Protect Your
from Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide"). (The guide is a
section that came in the front of this book.)]
The above items are the basic information that ALL Cub Scouts must
which is why EVERY boy who enters into Cub Scouting MUST earn the